Thursday, May 21, 2015

Let the Journey Begin by Max Lucado Review

As a member of the Family Christian group of bloggers, I was blessed to receive a copy of “Let the Journey Begin: Finding God’s Best for Your Life” by Max Lucado. This is my review of that book. All opinions are my own.

As you know, graduation season is upon us. There are so many high school and college graduates walking down the aisles and receiving their degrees and honors. Now comes the question, “What’s next?”

“Let the Journey Begin” is full of Scriptural guidance, wisdom, and support as you embark on the next step in your journey of life. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you will be blessed beyond belief with this book.

Each reading is short & sweet and can be read in just a few minutes. There are five sections:
1)      God’s Plan for the Journey of Life- A Road Map for Success
2)     Stop, Look, and Listen- Good Habits for a Good Journey
3)     A Fork in the Road- Deciding Which Way to Go
4)     Dangers and Detours Ahead- Slow Down, Avoid Disaster
5)     Two is Fine Company- A Friend for the Journey

This is great for reading alone or reading with someone. I’m thinking of incorporating it into the nightly devotional time that my husband & I do in the evenings. I think it would be a great book for us to use! I also love that it is a small book that I can keep in my purse and it only takes about a minute to read one of the readings. 


In addition to all the great readings, there’s a section at the end where you can record your own goals, prayers, your favorite Scriptures, and much more. So, if you- or someone you know- is setting out on a new journey in life, consider picking up this book for them from Family Christian Stores. While you’re there, browse the rest of their Graduate Gift selections. You can get so many great things- PLUS, when you buy from Family Christian, you’re changing lives because Family Christian gives back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment