Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Month of Thankfulness: Day #13-25

Ugh! Once again, I've gotten so far behind on my month of thankfulness posts! Every year, I try to do this (in the past, on Facebook) and every year, I end up getting so far behind it's not even funny! So, here we go with Days #13 through #20 (which is today).



Day #13: I am thankful that God has provided a way for me to be a blogger. I have dreamed of this for a very long time! Though it's not really bringing in any money just yet, it does allow me to get free products! For example, recently, I was selected on Mom Spark Media to do a review of the NewAir AH-470 space heater- which is very helpful on these really cold mornings when I just can't get moving!

Day #14: I know I've said it before, but I really just can't say it enough. I am so thankful for my husband and the beautiful marriage God has blessed us with. I never expected to be married to such a wonderful man who treats me the way God intended. Now, we're definitely not perfect by any means, but we are definitely perfect for each other and God is at the center of our marriage. I am thankful that we spend some quiet time with God and with each other every night before we go to bed. 


Day #15: I am thankful for the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Those of you that know me (or have read any of my previous entries) know that I have a scripture study book about the Fruits of the Spirit. Of course, all of the Scriptures are special- but this one has always held a special place in my heart and God led me to write about it. You can get a copy of my book here- or you can contact me directly if you'd like an autographed copy. (Check out my other books while you're there)


Day #16: I am thankful for God and my faith. As I've said before, I was raised in a Christian home and I have always known that God is with me no matter where I am or what I am doing. However, in recent years, that's become more apparent than ever before. I see the "little" things being provided for- and I hear God saying, "See? I will provide everything you need- when you need it. Just trust me." (more on that in a later post). 

Day #17: I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach. As we move into the holiday season, I am reminded that there are so many who don't have the basic necessities of life: food, clothing, and shelter. I am blessed with all I need. Doesn't the Bible teach that He will provide all our needs? 

Day #18: I am thankful for music. Music has the power to elicit an plethora of emotions. My youngest bonus son has come to stay with us this week for Thanksgiving. If you've read some of my other posts, you know that he has Down Syndrome. He LOVES music. As I write this, he's singing. I'm not sure WHAT he's singing....but he knows! :) Music makes him happy....and hearing him singing to the music in his heart makes me smile. 


Day #19: I am thankful for laughter. After all, without laughter, the world would be a pretty depressing place! My husband and I laugh a lot- in fact, that is one of the things I love about him. I can be having the worst day ever- or I can be mad about something- or even heartbroken because, once again, another month has passed and we have not been able to get pregnant- and he can make me laugh. Laughter has a way of diffusing stressful situations in life. Laughter has a way of bringing us together. 

Day #20: I am thankful today for my mistakes. You're probably thinking I'm crazy at this point. However, just bear with me- I do have a point. You know the song, "God Blessed the Broken Road"? Well, that's the point- without all the mistakes in my life, I would not be where I am. Without those mistakes, I would not be married to this wonderful man and have these three amazing boys in my life. 

Day #21: Today, I am thankful for beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I live near the water and there's just something magical about riding down to the beach/pier at the end of a very long, very challenging day and just simply stopping for a moment to enjoy the beauty that God has given us. Both sunrises and sunsets remind me to stop and enjoy the simple things in life- and that God is there, speaking to us in that still, small voice- we just have to be willing to open up and listen. 

Day #22: Today, I have to say that I am thankful for rainbows. These are another one of those simple things of beauty that God has given us. Another reminder that He's always there for us and that no matter how stormy or hopeless our lives seem at times, there is always hope at the end. 

Day #23: Today, I am thankful for the knowledge that I am enough, despite all of my shortcomings, I am enough. 

Day #24: Today, I am thankful for color. Oh, I know, it sounds silly, but really- how boring would the world be if everything was black and white? How beautiful would a sunrise or sunset be if it was black and white, with shades of gray? Or what about that rainbow? Seriously- color, like music, has the ability to elicit lots of different emotions. 

Day #25: Today, I am thankful for my five senses: touch, taste, hearing, sight, and smell. These allow me to experience the world around me. However, for those of us that have all five tend to take them for granted. Talk to a friend who is blind about how they experience the world without being able to see it. You may be surprised at what they say. 

Now, I have caught up with my month of thankfulness. Stay tuned for more posts the rest of the month! 

With Love, 

Krista 

No comments:

Post a Comment