Sunday, November 30, 2014

Month of Thankfulness: Day 26- 30

Well, Thanksgiving is over- and though I'm going to pre-date this to post earlier so that it falls in line with the others, it's actually December 3 as I write this. I finally have a moment to sit down and actually catch up on my posting! So, for my Month of Thankfulness wrap-up, I'm going to post days 26 through 30.



Day 26- I am thankful for life. Yes, life. I am so blessed to be alive- I am so blessed to be living the life that I'm living. Sometimes, you just gotta be thankful that you have breath.

Day 27- Today, since it's Thanksgiving, it seems appropriate to say that I am thankful that I have food. I may have already said that this month- but it bears repeating. There are so many people who don't have what I have. They don't have a hot meal on the table....some people don't even have a table. Yes, I am blessed.

Day 28- I am thankful for my five senses. My sight- that I can see God's beautiful creation. My sense of smell- that I can smell the flowers or the pies baking in the oven. My sense of taste- that I can enjoy eating those pies that are in the oven. My sense of hearing- that I can hear my family laugh and enjoy being together.

Day 29- I am thankful for nature. My husband and I took his youngest son back to his mom today and on the way home, we stopped at Falling Waters National Park. Now, before I met my husband, I didn't really get out a whole lot. When I'd go anywhere with my parents, we'd get there and then get home. We never took the time to stop and take in the sights. My husband is so wonderful to me- if I see somewhere I want to stop, he'll do it (as long as I ask....I can't "hint"- you know how we ladies are). Falling Waters is a beautiful national park with sinkholes and a waterfall. I LOVED it!


Top of the waterfall: 

Bottom of the waterfall: 

Remember how I said I was thankful for my five senses? Well, without those, I would not have been able to enjoy this beautiful day!

Day 30- I am thankful for this exercise...it has opened my eyes to all my blessings. There are times when I get so totally wrapped up in the details of life that I forget to truly life. I forget to look around and recognize that I truly am blessed. No, I don't have everything I want- but I do have everything I need....therefore, I am rich beyond measure.

So, the Month of Thankfulness challenge is over.....but I'm not through being thankful. I will make it a point to remember all year round how blessed I truly am!

With Love,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment